- 1 onion
- 1 eggplant
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp vegetable powder
- 1 tbsp italian spices
- 1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- A squeeze of lemon
- Saute onions and eggplants till completely soft and cooked through (the eggplant will shrink in size)
- Add oats, rice, breadcrumbs, walnuts,nutritional yeast, flax seeds vegetable broth powder, and spices to food processor. Blend till smooth consistency.
- Then add mashed potatoes and half a cup of the eggplant sautee to dry mixture and pulse till combined well. (if you feel the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs and oats)
- Then add a squeeze of lemon to brighten up all the flavors.
- Form mixture into small 1 to 1 ½ inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper. (Cover your hands with olive oil so that the mixture is easier to roll out)
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes then take out and flip to the opposite side and cook for 10 extra minutes.
- Take out “meatballs” and allow to cool. Toss in marinara then add to spaghetti!