For the crust:
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp (preferably activated) buckwheat grouts
- 1 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 30 grams cacao butter, grated
For the cupcakes:
- 2.5 cup raw, unsalted cashews or macadamias, soaked for 4 hours in water
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla (of choice- i used powder)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 60g cacao butter, grated
- 10-20 drops pure peppermint essential oil
- Blue spirulina
- Green spirulina
Make the crust
- Set aside a silicone, 6 piece muffin tray.
- Add grated cacao butter to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix well, then add the cacao butter. Mix again, spoon approx. 1.5 Tbsp into each silicone mould and press done to form a nice even base (and just eat any remaining base mixture- yum!).
Make the filling:
- Add grated cacao butter and coconut oil to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cashews, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blitz on high until smooth (around 1 minutes).
- Next, add the melted cacao butter and coconut oil, blend again on high, for around 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into a bowl. Add the spiralina powders (i used 1/2 tsp of each) and blend again for 15-30 seconds. Assemble your cakes
- Fill each mould 1/2 way with the spirulina layer, then top with the white mixture. . Transfer the left over mixture to the fridge to firm up if you wish to do the pipping on top, and put the cupcakes in the freezer set for a minimum of 3 hours.
- If doing pipping, wait to the remaining mixture is around the consistency of thick yoghurt, then transfer to pipping bag with desired nozzle. Remove cupcakes from the freezer and from their moulds, and allow to defrost for 10-15 minutes then pipe on top as desired. Decorate with edible flowers and enjoy immediately.