- 2 cups of dry French lentils or brown lentils
- 1L of vegetable stock
- 1/2– 1 cup of water
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 cups of shredded Kale leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 tsp of Italian dried herbs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper according to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil with the dried herbs and cook the garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add in the diced carrot and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and add your dry lentils along with the vegetable stock and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring the stew to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover and cook for 30-45 minutes until lentils and carrots are cooked.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt pepper and kale and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve into bowls with a dollop of coconut cream.
Find more of Claire’s recipes on @healthyfrenchwife.