- 1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Thinly sliced assorted veggies (like vegan kimchi, carrots, garlic, perilla leaves, chives, onions, green onions)
- Add vinegar to plant milk and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients (except veggies) together and then add plant milk. Stir with whisk–the batter will seem pretty thick.
- In a non-stick pan, add a little oil and let it sit over medium high heat for a few minutes (to get hot). Then throw on a few sliced up veggies so they sizzle.
- Add a ladleful of batter, which will ooze around the veggies that you already placed. Lower heat to medium. Let the batter cook just like a regular pancake. Flip when one side is fully cooked and remove from pan when both sides are cooked.
- Serve with dressing (mix together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, maple syrup, Korean pepper powder, and toasted sesame seeds).
Find more of Joanne’s recipes on The Korean Vegan.