This grain-free vegan carrot slab cake is also naturally gluten-free, easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Top it with smooth homemade lemony cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 grams grated carrot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 290g tub vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3–4 drops lemon essential oil
- ¾c (90g) icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 170ºC/340ºF, and grease + line an 8 or 9-inch square can tin.
- Add almond flour, salt, baking powder and soda, spices, flax, and coconut sugar to a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the pecans) and combine. Fold through pecans, then pour into the lined tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely in the pan, then move into the fridge to set for 2-3 hours. Meanwhile, make the cream cheese icing by whisking ingredients together in a bowl and then setting in the fridge with the cake.
- To serve, spread on icing and top with pecans. Enjoy!
Find more of Jade’s recipes on @panaceas_pantry.