Sometimes a delicious vegan burger is all you need. This grilled vegan caesar salad tofu burger with garlic oil will definitely satisfy your craving!
- 10 oz / ~300 g block of firm smoked tofu. If you can’t find smoked tofu, use any marinated tofu you like
- 1 small summer cabbage
- 4 burger buns
- 2 tbsp oil
Caesar salad sauce
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup unsweetened creamy vegan yogurt of choice
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp capers
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- vegan parmesan
- fresh herbs such as parsley and/or cilantro
- Cut tofu into 2-3 pieces and cover with a cloth or paper towel. Dry tofu under a heavy pan for about 15 minutes.
- Blend caesar salad sauce ingredients. You can also just smash them with a fork together if you don’t want your sauce to be smooth.
- Chop garlic into tiny pieces and fry in a pan with olive oil in medium heat for a few minutes. Add salt and set aside.
- Grate vegan parmesan as much as you like. We used about ¼ cups (divided into 4 burgers). Cut dried tofu into 6-8 pieces. Cut cabbage into a few pieces. Brush both tofu and cabbage with oil.
- Grill tofu and cabbage for a few minutes per side on a hot grill.
- Toast burger buns for a few seconds on the grill.
- Assemble burgers: spread caesar salad sauce, add tofu pieces, garlic oil, grated parmesan, piece of cabbage, fresh herbs and sauce.
Find more of Tiina’s recipes on @myberryforest.