- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsbp olive oil + more fro drizzling
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 150 ml chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- 100 gr heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 70g vegan cheese, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, to serve
- To make the dough, combine the chickpea flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, guar gum and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add water to it slowly until it comes together. Knead a couple of times in the bowl so that the dough is nice and uniform. Cover and let sit in room temperature for 20 minutes.
- To make the tomato sauce, combine the chopped tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the dough out into a circle (about 1 cm thick) on a non-stick baking sheet or baking paper. Use flour if needed. Cover with the tomato sauce and then arrange the heirloom tomatoes on top. Finally add the melty vegan cheese. Drizzle oil on the edges of the crust to make them crispy. Place in to the oven for 10-15 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Serve with fresh basil. Enjoy!