These juicy stuffed tomatoes are packed with veggies and umami flavors! Can be enjoyed on their own or on the side.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 button mushrooms
- 10 pitted black olives
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup mixed basil and parsley
- 300g cooked cannellini beans
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off and scoop out all the flesh and seeds. Set aside.
- Salt the inside of the empty tomatoes, then place them upside down on a plate for 15 minutes to drain.
- Crush and chop the garlic. Finely dice the onion, mushrooms, olives, spinach, basil and parsley.
- Sauté the garlic and onion for 3 minutes with some coconut oil.
- Add the insides of the tomatoes, the beans, mushrooms and olives to the pan.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has significantly reduced. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach, basil and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, taste.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve.
Find more of Mari’s recipes on @marijasmine.
For more easy & creative vegan appetizers, click here.