- Creamy Kale and Leek Pasta Sauce Ingredients (Makes 4 Cups of Sauce):
- 375g chopped raw cauliflower florets
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or soaked cashews)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp kala namak salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 crushed garlic cloves (or 2 tsp crushed garlic)
- 100g torn kale leaves (hard stalks removed)
- Place the cauliflower, onion, and leek on a lined baking tray and drizzle with the coconut oil. Sprinkle over the thyme and cayenne and mix around until coated.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a pot and add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the kale leaves and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a high speed blender or use a stick mixer and blend until smooth. Add more stock as required to your desired consistency.
- Pour over your pasta of choice (I used gluten free). I topped with baked kale chips and lightly toasted pine nuts. Freeze any remaining sauce in portions for later use.