- 300g potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 2-3 tbsp of oil, for baking
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Korean chili flakes (optional – for extra spiciness)
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- for the mayo:
- 2 small avocados, pitted and flesh removed
- 3 tbsp of vegan mayo
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C. Mix the cut potatoes with the oil, paprika, chilli flakes and salt and place on an oven sheet so that the fries don’t tough each other (makes them extra crispy). Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.
- To make the mayo, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- When the fries are done, take them out of the oven and place in a bowl. Add chopped kimchi and stir though. Serve with mayo immediately. Enjoy!