- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp nondairy yogurt
- 1/3 cup veg or coconut oil
- 2 cups spelt, white, or gf ap flour
- 3/4 tsp each: baking soda and salt
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- Optional Frosting: Beat together just the thick cream from two cans of coconut milk with 2 tsp lemon juice, pinch stevia or 6-8 tbsp powdered sugar, and 2 tsp lemon zest
- Makes two 8-in cakes or one 9×13.
- For a double-layer cake, simply stack one on top of the other.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease baking pan/s.
- Whisk first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour until just evenly mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan/s.
- Bake 25 min or until cake has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Tastes ten times better the next day if you can wait!