- 1¾ cup oat flour (grind up oats!)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- 2 ½ teaspoon lemon juice or ACV
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal w/ 6 tbsp hot water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Coating (can omit or glaz instead): ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp non dairy butter or coconut oil, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine 3/4 cup non dairy milk & 2 1/2 tsp ACV in a small bowl and let sit for 10 min. This is your “buttermilk”. Make your flax eggs. Then combine flour, cornstarch, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add your flax egg, “buttermilk”, coconut oil, lemon juice,vanilla extract, lemon zest and whisk until it’s not lumpy. Don’t mix too much!
- Spray donut pan and even distribute your batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until holder brown edges appear. Let cool on pan or on rack.
- For coating, mix sugar & lemon zest in a food processor until finely ground. Dip in coconut oil or butter(you don’t have to!) And then top with the lemon Coating. ENJOY.