- 200 g of brown or puy lentils
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 –2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 piece of celery tuber
- 400 ml of hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- Knife tip cinnamon
- 1 handful of basil and/or cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 300g pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add onion, garlic, rosemary, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add bay leaf.
- Add the tomato paste to the roast and deglaze with hot water. Add the lentils and cook over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- If necessary, add more water or vegetable stock. Add the salt towards the end. This makes the lentils softer faster. Cook pasta and serve with basil and/or cilantro. Add salt and pepper.