- Lotus root balls:
- 1 piece of lotus root, finely grated
- 2 flax or chia eggs – whole spelt flour
- a few stalks of scallion
- white pepper
- a bit of olive oil
- Prepare your vegan flax or chia eggs
- Grate one piece of lotus root finely and squeeze out the excess liquid
- Chop the scallions finely and add them to the grated lotus root with the eggs and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix and add a couple tablespoons of whole spelt flour depending on how runny the mixture is.
- Add white pepper and salt to taste and let the mixture rest for 30min so it can firm up
- Using two spoons, shape the mixture into balls before frying them in a pan with oil until golden Serve with heated corn tortillas, avocado, arugula, cherry tomatoes and salt, pepper and chili to taste.