This easy vegan lemon cake is indeed lovely – it’s light, airy, and delicious! Don’t skip on the blueberry glaze if you want an added twist of flavor.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cups blanched almond meal
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups almond milk
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 medium-size lemons (juice & zest)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Tip: I used 100 g sugar. Its sweetness was just right!
Blueberry glaze (Optional):
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (Sifted)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Prep a Bundt tin by greasing it with melted coconut oil.
- Use a large bowl to mix the dry ingredients. Stir well, then add all the wet ingredients.
- Whisk the batter until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour batter into the Bundt tin and bake.
- Bake for 40 mins (or until the toothpick comes out clean)
- Let it cool for 10 mins on a cooling rack.
- Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend and stir.
- Drizzle on top of each lemon cake slice.
Find more of Joyce’s recipes on @joyfulhomecooking.
Looking for recipes similar to this lovely lemon cake? Check out our selection of sweet (and sometimes savory!) selection of recipes featuring this flavor-bursting fruit.