- 6–8 Mandarins
- 2 tbs Vegan Margarine
- 2 tbs Unrefined Raw Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 & 3/4 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Unrefined Raw Caster Sugar
- To Serve
- Marmalade melted & mixed with 2 tbs Water
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 9” diameter sealed loose bottom cake tin. Make sure it definitely is a sealed one or the juices from the fruit will leak out.
- Rub the margarine into the cake tin & sprinkle over the caster sugar evenly. Peel & cut your mandarins into 3 then lay them cut side down into the cake tin, fill any gaps with mandarin quarters or halves. Then set aside whilst you make the vanilla cake mix.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour in the milk mix and stir lightly.
- Once the mix has combined, pour it into the cake tin and give it a little tap on the surface to remove any air pockets.
- Pop the cake into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooked, allow it to slightly cool for 5-10 minutes before removing it from the tin.
- Before serving glaze the cake with melted marmalade. Just add a couple!