- 10 to 12 medium carrots (multicoloured and local is ideal)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup, separated
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp well-stirred tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp water (or more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (~200 ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the carrots, cut them in half lengthwise, and spread them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush maple syrup mix onto the carrots using a pastry brush (or just drizzle it over the carrots) and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 25 minutes. Gently flip, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Return to the over for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender and browned on the edges and the maple syrup is bubbling.
- While the carrots are roasting, whisk together the tahini drizzle ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Add more water if needed, 1 teaspoon at a time, and mix until a pourable consistency is reached.
- Once the carrots are nice and caramelized, transfer them to a serving dish. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and garnish as you wish!
Find more of Ashley’s recipes on Rise Shine Cook.