- ¼ cup red quinoa
- ¼ cup white quinoa
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 red chillis
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 corn cobs – kernels removed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 cup black beans – washed and drained
- 1 cup chickpeas – washed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of one lime
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp coriander or flat leaf parsley
- 1 avocado
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1/2 cup of water or stock and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add more water if needed. Fluff with a fork and leave covered to cool.
- Dice red onion, bell peppers and chilli, and sauté in a pan with EVOO, garlic, corn kernels and spices until corn is golden and starting to brown
- Mix black beans, chickpeas, chopped spinach and halved cherry tomatoes in with quinoa.
- Add lime juice, zest, salt, pepper and chopped coriander to the quinoa.
- Once slightly cooled add the corn mixture and mix through.
- Top with sliced avocado, extra chilli and lime.