- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup runny almond butter**
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift in all of the dry ingredients, making sure there is no dry ingredients that are clumping.
- Add in maple syrup, almond butter and milk. Stir to combine with a spatula until a sticky dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls.***
- Place on a lined baking sheet with enough space between cookie dough balls to spread while baking. With the palm of your hand, lightly press down on dough balls to form 1/2 inch thick disks.
- Feel free to add a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie before placing in oven.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before touching them.*
*You can sub for white flour or spelt flour. Do not use whole wheat flour. Pastry flour is finer and lighter. I have not tested this with gluten-free flours.
**Make sure to use runny nut or seed butters. It makes a big difference.
***To prevent too much stickiness when rolling into dough balls, lightly wet your hands before grabbing dough.