- INGREDIENTS for the CARAMEL filling:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 6h
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond mylk
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw virgin coconut oil, melted
- INGREDIENTS for the CHOCOLATE:
- 1 cup raw cacao paste or powder (I used paste)
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, not cold
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- To prepare the caramel filling blend all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
- Stream the melted coconut oil until combined.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 2h to harden.
- For the chocolate shells, melt cacao butter and paste (or powder) in a dry bowl over hot water at low heat (chocolate should not exceed 118F if you want to keep it raw) stirring until completely melted.
- Then add the maple syrup (should be at room temperature) gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add the salt and vanilla extract and stir for a few more seconds.
- Let the chocolate cool down (below 90F approx)
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and pour the chocolate into the molds (around 1 tsp)
- Let set in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.
- Fill a pipping bag with the caramel and pipe it in the center of each chocolate layer.
- Pour more chocolate until completely covered, sprinkle some cacao nibs on top, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- They will keep in the fridge up to 4-5 days.