- 2 blocks extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup mirin
- 4 tbsp light miso paste
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F / 200C.
- Set each pressed block of tofu on its side and slice it down the middle, creating two slabs (see my blog post for tips on how to press your tofu). Then cut each slab into equal, bite-sized cubes.
- Toss the cubes in the sesame oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip each piece and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare the miso glaze by combining the mirin, miso paste, maple syrup and sesame oil in a mini food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- When the tofu is done baking, remove it from the baking sheet and toss it in the miso glaze.
- Return the glazed tofu to the baking sheets, being careful to spread them out, and broil on the middle rack for about 5 minutes, checking frequently. The tofu is done when the miso glaze has caramelized and the outside of the tofu has become crispy.