- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened*
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 220g vegan dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or extra coconut cream)
- 2 tsp chaga powder, optional
1. Add all the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender and pulse to combine (this can be done with your hands, but a food processor creates a better texture. Press filling into a 15-20cm lined or greased tin, and set in the freezer for 4 hours.
2. Add chocolate, coconut oil and chaga to a heat proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of just simmering water, and melt. Stir occasionally, and once the mixture is liquid, remove from heat.
3. Remove coconut bars from the freezer and tin. Cut into desired serving sizes, then use a fork to dip into the melted chocolate. Place on a lined tray and repeat with remaining bars. Set in the fridge, then store in an airtight container in the fridge (for up to 1 week) or the freezer (for up to 3 months).
*In colder climates, you may need to soften the coconut butter. Simply immerse the jar (with the lid firmly on) in a bowl of hot water and leave to soften for 5-10 mins.