This nut-free baked vegan cheesecake is a delicious allergy-friendly twist on the true classic. It’s also refined sugar-free and has a couple of surprise ingredients you wouldn’t ordinarily find in a cheesecake – which is what makes this recipe so special!
- 3.5 tbsp (50g) vegan butter
- 7 rectangle (100g) honey-free graham crackers
- 2.5 cups 600g soft tofu (pressed 400g)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3.5 tbsp (50g) sake paste (optional but highly recommended if you can get your hands on it)
- ⅓ cup (100g) maple syrup (or white sugar, which will yield a white-er cheesecake)
- 4 tbsp AP (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process the crackers until fine then add the vegan butter until incorporated. In a lined cheesecake pan press the crust down flat evenly
- Blend pressed tofu, miso paste, sake paste, maple syrup, lemon juice, flour, and vanilla into a high-speed blender until smooth, and then pour it over the crust
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour
- Let it cool and sit overnight
- Serve with your choice of toppings! (Vegan whip cream goes amazingly).
Find more of Lisa’s recipes on @okonomikitchen.