- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large Russet potatoes
- 2-3 tsp your favourite herbs and spices (Eg. mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder*)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To serve:
- Handful of rocket/arugula
- baby spinach
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber and smashed avo + lime
- To begin with, wash, peel your potatoes (you can leave the skins on if you prefer but I like to peel them, this is just personal preference so I’ll leave this up to you!) then thoroughly dry them using a paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Slice into your desired shape (wedges, shoestring…), I always go for a normal thick cut. Sprinkle on your choice of herbs and spices (+ salt and pepper if using) and evenly coat potatoes.
- If using an air fryer, all you have to do is toss the potatoes into the basket, turn on and ‘bake’ at 200°C/400F for 45 minutes or until golden on the outside and soft on the inside. I usually give the basket a bit of a toss at the 20-25 minute mark for even cooking.
- If using an oven, preheat at 200°C/400F, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and evenly spread your fries on, ensuring that they don’t overlap or touch.
- At the 20-25 minute mark, give your fries a flip and cook for an additional 20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately with a side salad & guacamole! Enjoy.
- NOTES * I find that spices do a great job in coating the fries so try experimenting with smoked paprika or even a dash of curry powder! The flavour combinations are endless which makes this recipe an even better staple to make.