Looking to step up your homemade bread game? Look no further: this vegan olive sourdough focaccia is bound to become your go-to recipe.
- 4 cups / 500 g all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup / 50 g active, bubbly starter (visit my blog for step-to-step instructions to make your own, link in @daria_cooks_vegan’s bio)
- 1 ¼ cups / 295 ml warm water
- 1 ½ / 9 g teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup / 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup / 125 g of your favorite olives, preferably marinated
- rosemary and coarse sea salt to sprinkle
- Combine flour, sourdough starter, water and salt. Knead until dough is smooth. Let it rise overnight at room temperature. Cover the bowl with a damp towel. It is ready, when the dough has doubled in size with a few bubbles on the surface. Add olives and knead to combine.
- Drizzle a baking pan (I used a 7 x 12.5 inch / 18 x 32 cm wide pan) with ⅛ cup / 30 ml of olive oil. Transfer dough into baking pan and using your hands, shape the dough so that its almost covering the whole pan. Let rise for another 4 hours. Use your fingers to poke deep dents. Then drizzle ⅛ cup /30 ml of olive oil over the dough. Add some fresh rosemary sprigs and sprinkle dough with coarse salt.
- Preheat oven to 450 °F / 230 °C.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil. Allow to cool a bit. Slice and ENJOY!
Find more of Daria’s recipes on @daria_cooks_vegan.
For more vegan focaccia inspiration, click here.