Sometimes there’s nothing more satisfying than making a recipe that only requires one pot or bowl – just like these vegan blueberry muffins! Minimize the time spent cleaning up while maximizing your breakfast enjoyment with this recipe.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry)
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ⅔ cup raw turbinado or pure cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons additional raw sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or lightly oil. Use 9 for bakery-style muffins with big tops, 12 for smaller muffins perfect for lunchboxes + snacks. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add non-dairy milk to a large bowl and stir in lemon juice. Let curdle. You just made vegan buttermilk! Stir in oil and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, starch, raw sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in lemon zest and blueberries. Scoop batter into muffin tins, dividing evenly. Sprinkle additional raw sugar over the batter if desired.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Shorter for 12 muffins, longer for 9 muffins.
For more go-to breakfast muffin recipes, see our selection here.