- 4oz block extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan hoisin sauce, optional
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (regular or toasted)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup green peas, defrosted and drained
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 2.8oz pack (80g) ramen noodles
- 2 cups veggie broth
- Press and drain 4oz block extra-firm tofu. Cut into about ½-inch cubes. Toss in a bowl with some tamari or soy sauce to coat. Bake on a lined baking sheet at 375F until golden.
- Meanwhile mix sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vegan hoisin sauce, optional: 1 tbsp sesame oil (regular or toasted), and 2 tsp cornstarch until all cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat a little neutral-flavored oil (or broth if oil-free) in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add ½ red bell pepper (thinly sliced/julienne), 1 medium carrot (thinly sliced/julienne), ½ cup green peas (defrosted and drained).
- Sauté until carrots and pepper start to soften.
- Add 1 tsp minced garlic and ½ tsp minced ginger. Sauté another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add 2.8oz pack (80g) ramen noodles and 1-½ cups veggie broth.
- Cover, reduce heat and let steam a few minutes before flipping over noodles. Cover and let steam a few more minutes on other side, adding more broth as needed.
- Use a spatula to gently separate ramen noodles. Add another ½ cup broth and cook uncovered until ramen is ready.
- Mix in sauce and ½ cup packed baked tofu cubes. Stir well while heating until warmed through and sauce just starts to thicken. Serve immediately.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on @cookingforpeanuts.
Looking for more vegan ramen recipes? We’ve got you covered.