Perfectly encompassing the bright and comforting flavors of fall, these orange and cinnamon poached pears are a great healthy seasonal dessert. Made with less than 10 ingredients and very little effort, they are eye-catching and absolutely delicious!
- 6 ripe Beurré Bosc pears, peeled, cores removed and halved
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 1 can (400ml) organic coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Remove can of coconut cream from fridge and tip upside down (this brings liquid to the top). Open can and discard liquid or pour place in the fridge to use at a later stage.
- Scoop out cream into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp of maple syrup and using an electric mixer, whip coconut cream until it becomes light and fluffy. Cover and place back in the fridge until pears are ready to be served.
- Place all ingredients for the poached pears into a large saucepan and add enough water so that the pears are completely covered with liquid. Bring to the boil and then simmer for appox. 30 minutes or until the pears are cooked through.
- Remove the pears from the liquid and serve with a sprinkle of orange zest, a light dusting of cinnamon and chilled coconut cream.
Find more of Stefania’s recipes at The Salubrious Spoon.
For more pear-based vegan recipes, click here.