Make your breakfast special with these orange-turmeric pancakes: they’re easy to make, gluten-free, decorated with pear slices, and, needless to say, absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup raw agave
- 1 flax-egg (1tbsp milled flax seeds with 3tbsp water, beaten together and left to set)
- 1 pear thinly sliced lengthwise
- for serving: MapleDate syrup.
- Sift gluten-free flour into a large bowl. add baking powder, cinnamon and turmeric.
- Mix in wet ingredients; agave, orange juice and flax egg. the consistency shouldn’t be too runny.
- Fry on a non-stick pan. After pouring the mixture onto the pan carefully place a slice of pear in the middle of each pancake.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate, layering maple syrup in between. Top off with a spoon of date syrup. Enjoy!
Find more of Olivia’s recipes at @theveganpecan.
For more gluten-free vegan recipes, click here.