- dumpling/wonton wrappers (25 count)
- 16 oz store bought vegan kimchi
- 8 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- Place kimchi on a kitchen towel, wrap, squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can.
- Place kimchi in food processor & pulse till finely chopped but with texture.
- Press tofu with a kitchen towel to get out as much water as you can, then mash with fork or hands in a mixing bowl.
- Add kimchi and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Time to make the dumplings! Clear a workspace, have wrappers covered with damp towel so they don’t dry out, a small bowl of water, a parchment lined baking sheet to place the formed dumplings, and damp towel to cover them.
- Place 2 tsp of filling in the center of wrapper, lightly wet edges, fold dumpling into a triangle shape pressing out any trapped air & firmly pressing with fingertips.
- Take two corners of the triangle, dab with water, and pull them around to join them together, again pressing with fingertips to seal. Place on baking sheet. Cover. Repeat.
- On stovetop using non stick pan, over medium high heat, add enough oil to coat pan.
- Fry dumplings until golden about 2-3 min, lower heat to med add 1/4 cup water (be careful), cover and steam 5 min.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!!