- 2 cups GF corn pasta (prepared)
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 (14 oz.) can of chopped tomatoes
- 7 white mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according the to instructions on the package.
- In a pan, over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onions in 1 Tbsp olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, chili flakes, bay leaf and simmer for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Transfer marinara to a blender and blend on high for about 20 seconds.
- While marinara simmers, quickly sauté mushrooms and red peppers in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a separate pot until fragrant. Set aside.
- Pour marinara over cooked pasta, top with mushrooms, peppers and cilantro. Easy peasy!