This delicately flavored and perfectly textured vegan pear galette with a rooibos glaze will make a beautiful afternoon coffee treat.
- 150g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 25g whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp vegan sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 115 ml coconut oil, cold
- approximately 30 ml water
- 150 ml rooibos tea
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, for brushing
- 2 pears, cut in half length-wise, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Coconut whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the flours, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the coconut oil and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Start dripping in cold water while the machine is running until the dough comes together. Take it out, form a ball, flatten it into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Now make the rooibos glaze by bringing the tea, sugar and vanilla to a boil and reducing it until the consistency of syrup.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper. Arrange the pears on top, fanning them out and leaving a bit of room from the sides. Bring the sides of the dough over the pears, smudging together any bits that tear. Brush the pears with the rooibos glaze and the dough with the maple syrup. Place in the oven at 200°C for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden. Serve warm with coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
Find more of Annett’s recipes on her blog.
Inspired by this pear galette with a rooibos glaze?
We have butternut squash, apple, ginger peach, and nectarine galette recipes posted, click here to see them all!