- 1 small onion
- 1 chili
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 800g of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of sugar
- some salt and pepper
- a bit more chili powder
- a sprinkle of oregano (or sub fresh parsley)
- 500g of pasta of choice
- For this quick Arrabbiata sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add 1 small onion (finely cubed) and 1 chili (finely sliced).
- Let that cook for about 1 minute until the onion becomes translucent, add 3 cloves of garlic (minced) and cook that for half a minute while stirring constantly.
- Then, add 2 tbsp of tomato paste, 800g of chopped tomatoes (2 cans), 1 tsp of sugar, some salt and pepper and a bit more chili powder for extra heat.
- Then let that cook for about 10 minutes on low heat (cook 500g of pasta in the meantime) and then add the cooked pasta directly to the sauce with 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add some more salt and pepper to the sauce and serve it with dried chili flakes and just a sprinkle of oregano (but you could also use fresh parsley).
Find more of Jil’s recipes at Be ferox.