Make your breakfast extra special with these beautiful pink pancakes with chia pudding. Topped with fresh berries, they are as pleasurable to devour as they are to look at!
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- Vegan butter/coconut oil (for cooking)
- fresh berries (for garnishing)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk/creamer or other nut milk
- 1–2 tsp dragon fruit powder (for the pink/purple color)
- maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- First, THE NIGHT BEFORE, make your chia pudding by stirring the nut milk/creamer and chia seeds, and dragon fruit powder (if using) and optional maple syrup together in a glass. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat your large skillet or pancake griddle over low heat
- Make the batter by combining all the ingredients in your blender and blending until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Add butter/coconut oil in your skillet (I use about 1 tsp per batch). I like to use vegan butter vs. coconut oil to get the edges nice an crispy!
- Cook the pancakes only a few minutes per side (these seem to burn more quickly)
- Top your pancakes with the chia pudding and fresh berries!
Find more of Gina’s recipes on @healthylittlevittles.
For more vegan breakfast inspiration, click here.