- 1 and 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a standard square baking pan with parchment paper. (Or grease the pan if you don’t have parchment).
- Add wet ingredients ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix. Add flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and sea salt to the mixture and stir but be careful not to over-stir. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into baking dish and top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until cooked through.