Who doesn’t love a giant cookie? This vegan gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie is made with wholesome seasonal ingredients, which makes it a perfect guilt-free fall dessert!
- ½ cup creamy, smooth almond butter or cashew butter
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup aquafaba (the amount in one 15oz can of chickpeas)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (168g) almond flour or almond meal
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tbsp (150g) oat flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (store-bought or homemade recipe below)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp vegan choc chips, divided (or 6oz dark chocolate, chopped)
- Flaky sea salt
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or other oven-proof skillet with coconut oil or other cooking oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup. Using an electric mixer, beat until just combined, about 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl, add the aquafaba and beat on medium speed for 60 seconds, or until it starts to get foamy. Add the aquafaba, along with the pumpkin and vanilla to the almond butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice (store-bought or homemade), baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, taking care to not over mix. The batter will be thick and soft.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold in 1 cup of the choc chips. Transfer the cookie dough to the greased skillet. Top the cookie skillet with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookie skillet for 25-30 min, or until the top is mostly firm on top. Allow the cookie to rest for 10 min before serving. The texture inside will be soft inside but don’t worry, it is thoroughly cooked!
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top and serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on Rainbow Plant Life.
For more vegan skillet cookie recipes, click here.