No-bake pumpkin pie crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten free if needed)
- 8 medjool dates (fresh and juicy or soaked in hot water and drained)
- pinch of sea salt Add oats and pecans to a food processor and blitz until broken to small pieces.
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight or 30 minutes in hot water, drained)
- 1/2 cup pureed roasted pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optionally) your favourite pumpkin spices
- Add dates (I soaked mine cause they weren’t very juicy) and salt and blend until wet, crumbly dough is formed. You can add a tbsp of water if too dry.
- Press the dough into a tart pan and place in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Add all the filling ingredients, besides coconut oil, to a food processor and blend on high speed until creamy. Taste and adjust maple syrup or lemon juice if necessary. Add melted coconut oil and blend for one more minute. Pour into chilled pie crust. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours before cutting.