- Serves 1
- 1 small Hokkaido pumpkin
- 4 tbsp rye flakes
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 medjol dates, pitted, minced
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- For the pumpkin purée preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Slice pumpkin in half and remove the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut sides down and bake up to 30 min or until soft.
- You may blend it into a soft purée if you like. Set aside.
- Toast the walnuts in a nonstick pan until fragrant.
- Let cool and blitz with a immersion blender until it’s a fine meal. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the oats and water, simmer covered on medium for 5 min.
- Add 3/4 of the walnut meal, a good scoop of the baked pumpkin, dates, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vanilla and salt combine and let simmer on low for another 5 min, maybe add more water to reach desired consistency.
- Meanwhile combine the rest of the walnut meal with coconut sugar and nectar with your fingers to create a crumble.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with your fave toppings, I used lingonberry compote, pomegranate seeds and shaved persimmon. Garnish with the crumble and enjoy!
- You can keep the pumpkin purée in a sterilized jar up to one week in the fridge.