- 1 piece of ginger approx. 1-2 cm
- 1 shallot
- 2 pears
- 20 gr (1/8 cup) vegan butter or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 500 gr (18 oz.) hokkaido or butternut squash
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) potatoes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 500 ml ( 2 1/8 cup) water
- 1 tsp veggie broth
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) plant-based milk (e.g. soy or oat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) plant-based cream (e.g. soy or oat)
- 20 gr (1/8 cup) (1/8 cup) vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 pear
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) mushrooms
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) Brussels sprouts
- 1 slice toast
- 1 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- salt & pepper
- Peel and finely chop ginger.
- Finely chop shallot and sauté in vegan butter along with the ginger.
- Dice the pears and add them to the pan, sprinkle with sugar and caramelize while stirring (approx. 5 minutes).
- Dice the pumpkin and potatoes and add them to the pan.
- Add the curry powder.
- Deglaze with broth, add milk.
- Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes with the lid closed until the pumpkin is soft.
- Mash the soup, add the cream, re-heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Dice the pear, clean the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half, clean the mushrooms and slice them.
- Dice the toast slice.
- Heat up butter or oilive oil in a pan and add pear, Brussels sprout, mushrooms and toast
- Sprinkle sugar on top and fry everything until it turns golden brown and the Brussels sprouts are well done.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with this topping, some oil (e.g. truffle) and fresh thyme.
Find more of Verena’s recipes on FreiStyle.