- Makes 8
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rye flour (can sub oat flour)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 cup almond mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rapeseed or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- 3/4 cup dairy-free yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp each of açai, beet, butterfly pea and matcha powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour in all the liquids apart from the aquafaba and mix to incorporate.
- In a well cleaned, small mixing bowl, use an electric whisk to whip up aquafaba for about 8 minutes, until soft peaks form. Fold through the waffle mix and spoon into preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden and crispy.
- Divide the yoghurt between 5 small bowls and mix a different powder into each. Layer on waffles with fresh fruits. Leftover batter can keep in the fridge for up to two days, but best eaten when fresh.