These raw vanilla coconut fig slices are completely vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and absolutely drool-worthy! A perfect recipe for any occasion.
Walnut Fig Base
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ tbsp water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Vanilla Coconut Cashew Cream
- ½ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Fresh fig slices to decorate
- For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
- Line tray with cling film.
- Pour mixture into tin and carefully press firmly using the back of a spatula until base is completely flat and even.
- Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the vanilla coconut cashew cream.
- For the coconut cream, add cashews to a food processor and process for a few minutes.
- With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla bean paste.
- Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
- Add desiccated coconut and pulse to combine.
- Pull the walnut fig base out of the freezer and fill with the coconut cashew cream layer.
- Put back into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Slice can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for approximately 15 mins for cream to soften).
- Decorate with fresh figs, slice carefully with a sharp knife, and enjoy this delightful treat with your family and friends.
This recipe uses a 10.5cm x 20.5cm loaf tin.
Find more of Karen’s recipes on her blog, Secret Squirrel Food.
For more raw vegan dessert ideas, click here.