This raw vegan apple pie is a healthy no-bake version of everyone’s favorite dessert. It can also be made far- and nut-free!
- 3 cups khadrawy dates or any dates
- 1 cup sundried mulberries
- 1 cup raw walnuts or any nuts
- 4–5 thin sliced red apples or any apples
- 2 cup dates
- 2 apples
- a pinch of freshly grated cinnamon or ground cloves or any spice
- add a little coconut water if needed
- To make the crust: in a food processor, pulse nuts into tiny pieces. Add the mulberries and do the same. Add the dates and pulse until they form into a doughy texture. Press that into a pie pan when ready.
- To make the filling layers: slice apples thinly, then blend all the ingredients for the second layer together.
- Assembly: start layering the fillings onto the prepared pie crust. layer one first then spread some of layer two. keep going until desired thickness.
Replace the nuts with another cup of mulberries for fat-free or nut-free pie.
Find more of Paul Philip’s recipes at @kissphillip.
If you like your apple pie fresh out of the oven, click here for more recipes.