Nut-free, no-blend, tangy…most delicious dressing with roasted chickpeas, cucumbers, and kale. This dressing is very versatile. Use with salad, roasted veggies. Add your favorite ingredients to your salad and drizzle all over.
- 1 tbsp stoneground or Dijon mustard
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup (to taste for sweetness)
- 1–½ tsp apple cider vinegar,
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil to coat (optional)
- salt to taste
For the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Rinse and drain 1 15oz can chickpeas. Rub between paper towels on flat surface to dry. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Toss with 1 tsp garlic powder, olive oil to coat (optional), salt to taste.
- Bake at 400F on lined baking sheet until crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Massage desired amount of kale with dressing. Add roasted chickpeas.
- Add other veggies as desired (roasted or raw) and add desired amount of dressing.
- Refrigerate any remaining dressing in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on @cookingforpeanuts.