- 2 cups pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 4 red peppers
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1 bulb of garlic (you’ll only use 3 cloves)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Preheat oven to 200•c.
- Chop peppers into chunks and slice tomatoes in half. Place them in a roasting tray and use your hands to coat evenly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Chop off the top of the garlic bulb and pour a little olive oil over the top. Wrap it in foil and add to baking tray with tomatoes and peppers.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Prepare chickpeas by mixing drained chickpeas with all the spices and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add to another small roasting tray and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, until crispy.
- Cook pasta and save a little of the cooking water (about 1/2 cup).
- Add the water to a food processor along with the roasted peppers, tomatoes, yeast, milk, lemon juice and 3 cloves of roasted garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a large skillet and warm through if needed.
- Stir though the pasta and top with crispy chickpeas and basil.