- 14 oz. de-stemmed and seeded red bell pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 ½ oz. raw cashews
- 2 tbs. rolled oats
- 2 tbs. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 12 oz. dry pasta of choice, cooked in boiling water
- Preheat oven to 500 °F. Slice bell pepper into inch-wide strips, and arrange them, skin side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until skin blisters and chars. Cool slightly, peel skin off, and place in a container with the water, vinegar, cashews, and oats. Let sit for at least 6 hours.
- Bring mixture to warm and blend in a blender until completely smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss to mix.
- Recipe makes 3 servings.