(Click above to watch the recipe video)
Salsa Verde Ingredients:
- 1 lbs tomatillos, husked
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeños
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp vegan sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 lime, the juice
- 3 Tbsp water, or more if needed
- Pan Roast the tomatillos: Coat the bottom of a pan or skillet with a little olive oil, turn heat to high. Then place the tomatillos in the pan and sear on one side, then flip over and brown on the other side. Add the jalapeños to the pan and roast as well. Remove from heat.
- Remove the stem and slice the jalapeño pepper.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, sugar, lime juice, water, jalapeño and tomatillos to a food processor.
- Pulse and stir in more water to thin if needed. Let cool in the refrigerator.
These Alpha Foods tamales come in 4 plant-based flavors to choose from: Beefy Roja, Southwest, Chik’n Verde and Chik’n Veggie. Click here to find out where you can get them!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Alpha Foods. All opinions expressed are our own.