If you are a fan of mixing sweet and savory flavors, these salted chocolate chip tahini cookies will do the trick! They’re easy to make, crunchy, flavorful, and gluten-free!
- 1 cup oat flour
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seed, ground, or 6 tablespoons of chia powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
- Combine the oat flour, almond meal, rolled oats, ground chia, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl whisk to combine the coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together until almost combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in.
- Using a two-tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown.
Find more of Dillon’s recipes on her blog, Oh, Holy Basil.
Always wanted to learn the secrets behind gluten-free baked goods? Check out our guide to gluten-free baking for tips & tricks!