- 300g [~2 cups] bread flour
- 80ml + 3 tablespoons* [⅓ cup + 3 tablespoons] water (depends on the brand of flour used)
- a dash of salt
- oil for cooking, soy sauce/tamari to taste
- blanched veggies
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms (sauteed & seasoned)
- 4 oz firm tofu, pressed & mashed
- 1 cup [236ml] veggie stock
- 2 tablespoons [30g] soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil with sediment or toasted sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce & a few dashes of white pepper
- Tofu: Pan-fry mashed tofu in a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of oil until dry & crispy by stirring continuously. Season with soy sauce & set aside.
- Noodles: Mix flour & salt in a bowl. Then, add water & mix with a spatula until you get a lumpy dough. Transfer the dough onto a cleaned surface & knead until a slightly smooth top form, about 8-10 mins. Cover with a damp towel & rest for at least 30 mins. Divide the dough into 4 pieces for ease of handling. Dust the surface with flour & roll out the dough into a thin layer. Cut into your desired width.
- Heat up the veggie stock & place it into a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- To cook the noodles, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with a little salt & cook noodles for about 3 mins or to your desired texture.
- Drain & rinse the noodles in cold water to stop the cooking (Blanch in warm water if you want your noodles warm).
- Add drained noodles in the sauce bowl along with mushrooms, blanched veggies, tofu crumbles & toss all ingredients until well combined. Season with more soy sauce or tamari, if needed.
These vegan homemade noodles are irresistibly saucy, incredibly comforting, and so easy to make! For more noodle inspiration, check out our recipes for Saucy Sweet and Spicy Noodles, Slurpy & Spicy Garlic Noodles, or this Udon Noodle and Veggie Bowl.