- 2 (70g each) uncooked ramen bricks or other noods of choice*
- 1 250g block extra firm tofu
- Chopped cabbage or other veggies
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions and sesame seeds, for topping
- ¾ cup room-temperature vegetable broth or water
- 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce, adjust according to desired taste
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup or sugar, adjust according to desired sweetness
- ½ tbsp gochujang or Korean chili paste, feel free to sub with other chili sauce and adjust according to desired heat
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or rice vinegar, adjust according to desired sourness
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tbsp sesame oil or neutral oil
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated. set aside. Boil a pot with water. Add in noodles & cook until still very chewy.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a pan. Saute veggies or tofu in some oil. I pan-fried my tofu until lightly golden brown and crisp. Afterwards, add in the sauce. Leave to simmer over medium heat.
- Add in the noodles and mix in the sauce* (see notes). Cook over med. high heat until the noodles absorb the sauce & sauce thickens. Season with salt to taste, if needed.
- Garnish w/ sesame seeds and spring onions, if desired. Enjoy while hot!