- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of young, unseasoned jackfruit (in brine)
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp oregano (optional)
- GoodFoods chunky guacamole
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Drain the jackfruit and add to the pan with the sliced mushrooms.
- Cook everything for a total of 10-12 minutes and add the seasonings half way through.
- Taste test and add more salt if need be (and/or more chili powder if you like it a little spicier).
- Heat the tortillas in a pan or the oven (optional) and then add the mushroom-jackfruit filling and top with a little lime juice, chunky guacamole (as much as your heart desires!), jalapeños (you can also add those wile cooking if you prefer) and cilantro and enjoy!
- Tip: these taste even better with a side of tortilla chips and Goodfoods’ queso-style dip.
This recipe is sponsored by GoodFoods.